Sunday, September 21, 2014

conditional statements

original:
"If I stay up on Netflix all night then I won't be able to stay awake at school the next day"

inverse:
"If I don't stay up on Netflix all night then I will be able to stay awake at school the next day"
This isn't true because I could be staying up all night not on Netflix, maybe studying or reading, and still not be able to stay awake the next day.

converse:
"If I am not able to stay awake at school the next day then I stayed up on Netflix all night"
This isn't true for the same reason inverse isn't true, I could've stayed up doing other things or I could've just not had a good night of sleep.

contrapositive:
"If I am able to stay awake at school then I didn't stay up on Netflix all night"
This statement is true because I was able to stay awake at school so that means I didn't stay up on Netflix all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment